Tuesday 24 April 2012

To Lob or Not to Lob

So inspired by the lovely Reezy at peanut butter & honey I've decided to cut my hair again.

I had it cut from bum length to a lob (long bob) just after my first son was born and now that I'm almost due with my second I'm getting the itch to cut it again.

My current hair length

I'm thinking something along the lines of these:





So my question is, seeing as though it's a pretty straightforward cut ie; not too many layers or a fringe/bangs or anything like that, would you assume that it's ok to go somewhere more affordable like Just Cuts to have this done? I have a hairdresser that I have been to for the last 6 years and just recently decided to colour it myself instead to save some cash (thanks to some help from some lovely Vogue forum ladies) and I'm very pleased with the result! So should I trust a 'cheaper' hairdresser to cut it also? Rather than paying more than triple just because I've been going to the same place for so long?? Anyone had a similar experience?

6 comments:

  1. Your hair looks very similar to mine, although it does look slightly thicker. I'm desperately in need of a cut and have been pondering the exact same dilemma! Do I pay someone really good to essentially lop off a few inches, or just go the cheaper route.

    I've come to this conclusion by throwing my mind back to recent, and not so recent, experiences. Ultimately, you get what you pay for. A better hairdresser will shape the bottom, particularly the way it sits at the back, in a way that will look far better than someone who just cuts it off.

    So, um, I kinda just convinced myself to shell out the big bucks for a haircut :D haha.

    Sorry bout the essay...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, although I would assume no matter where you go there are good and bad hairdressers so it's probably just a game of luck!

      I'm leaning more towards the cheap cut just so I can do it once and see how it goes, if it's really bad then I'll have to bite the bullet and spend more to get it fixed up!

      Delete
  2. You colour is gorgeous! My DIY colour never looks that good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you :) It makes me extremely nervous when I do my roots, I get very paranoid that I'm going to snap my hair off but so far so good!

      Delete
  3. Glad I could inspire you!! It's so nice to have a change :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to comment on my life :)