Friday 4 May 2012

Phew!

My ASOS order came yesterday, consisting of the 3 pairs of maternity jeans I posted about earlier. Being pregnant has made it hard to know exactly what size I am as most maternity sizing allows for growth but I have also put a lot of weight on so it was a pure gamble if they would fit or not. Thankfully they are perfect!

ASOS Maternity Skinny Jean in Red and Calypso Coral
The blue ones are a great colour, pretty much the same as the website. The other 2 pairs have me a little distressed. The red is a lot lighter and the coral a lot darker than on the website - which makes them almost identical! The above photo shows a fair amount of difference but in daylight they are almost the same :( Trying to decide whether to send one pair back and if so, which ones!

Because the fit is so good I bit the bullet and bought these:

ASOS Maternity Skinny Jean In Faded Leopard

I know they'll be pretty unflattering but I love me some leopard!

I had to take some things back to Cotton On so I exchanged them for these:

Cotton On/Rubi Shoes Carley Boot

Cotton On/Rubi Shoes Carley Boot
They were 2 pairs for $50.00. I like the grey but I'm not sure about the tan. On my way out I spotted these:

Cotton On/Rubi Shoes Ella Boot
Now I'm having second thoughts about my purchase. I'll mainly wear them with my new coloured jeans and the leopard ones, so I thought grey would be best but now I don't know which ones I like better! What should I do??

Images via www.asos.com and shop.cottonon.com

10 comments:

  1. I vote for the coral jeans - looks like a pretty colour. Also, I'm not a fan of leopard print at all... but those faded leopard jeans look great! Thank goodness for ASOS maternity who actually give us some stylish options! Actually, Cotton On have been my other go-to, but for cheap leggings, stretch pants and cardis - $5-$10 per item so I don't care if I only wear it for 3 months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the coral the best too, but I think I'm going to keep both haha I never used to go into Cotton On much but they're sale stuff is just so cheap!

      Delete
    2. Now I really want those leopard jeans! Trying to hold out for a sale or code. Would love to see pics once they arrive. ASOS maternity is addictive - my most recent order hasn't even arrived yet and I already want to make another one!!

      Delete
    3. Will definitely post pics when they arrive!

      Delete
  2. I like those grey Carley boots. I am always a little wary of Cotton ON/Rubi shoes how do they last? The Ella boots are great too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only have a couple of pairs of flats and I've worn them a fair bit. They don't last that well but that's what you get for something so cheap! I get bored easily so it's better for me to buy things cheap and wear them out quickly, and only occasionally spend up on something nice :)

      Delete
  3. I love the style of the Ella boot!! Hopefully grey is good :)
    Love the red jeans too, ah sucks that they are so similar...

    x Stace
    tee+fame

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm leaning towards the Ella too, back to Cotton On I go!

      Delete
  4. You are going to be the most stylish mummy to be :-).

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to comment on my life :)