Sunday 13 May 2012

Brrrrr!

Things have been a bit miserable here the last few days. All three of us have had a cold, hence the lack of blog posts! Was supposed to attend a lovely high tea yesterday but I missed out because I was just too sick. Actually starting to feel a bit better now thank goodness! The weather has been crazy, hot and 26 degrees then cold and windy the next day. I don't ever remember the weather being as weird as this before?!

I wore my coral ASOS maternity jeans for the first time a few days ago. About 20 minutes after putting them on I noticed a loose thread under the zipper. Upon closer inspection I discovered a hole about an inch long! Off they came and back to ASOS! I didn't want to risk the same thing with the other pairs so I've also sent back the cornflower blue and the leopard ones. I'm really disappointed because I thought I was set for winter but I'll just stick with my Jeanswest maternity jeans instead. And I'll keep the red ASOS jeans because I've already worn them but I'll need to check over them every time I wear them just in case!

So back to the drawing board for an outfit to wear to my sister in law's engagement party! I'm now officially a bridesmaid (yay!) so I'd like to look as nice as I can, but at 38 and a half weeks pregnant it will be hard! The dress code is smart casual and it will be pretty cold so I'm thinking layering is the way to go. This is quite a mean feat when pregnant as you can easily start to look a lot bigger than you actually are.

I've bought this shirt to wear from Forever New:

Forever New April Mixed Fabric Shirt


It sits really nicely over the bump, I just hope there is room enough for me to grow a little bit more!

I really wanted this gilet to wear over the top:

Forever New Maiya Waterfall Gilet


But my local store doesn't have it in stock (apparently never got it at all). I've emailed head office to see if it can be transferred from another store but I'm not holding my breath. And I'm having trouble finding something similar elsewhere so I may have to change my outfit plan again!

Well that was quite a rambly post haha, should be back to normal posting any day now :)

Images via www.forevernew.com.au

4 comments:

  1. Oh that's a shame about ASOS, to be honest I think they are really letting their quaility standard go downhill. Those jeans looked great as well :-(. Though not long and you will probably be back in normal size jeans. How exciting getting so close to baby day :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping to wear them for a while post baby because I have a c-section scar from last time and it's still very sensitive, thought maternity jeans would be best for a few months afterwards. But now I think I'll stick to leggings!

      Delete
  2. Bugger about the asos jeans :-(

    Yay for being a BM! :-)

    I've got an e-party next weekend, same dress code. No idea what to wear! I still feel like I'm in the 'is she pregnant or just fat?' stage haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be hard to dress when pregnant! There are some lovely flowy blouses around at the moment that do the job :)

      Delete

thank you for taking the time to comment on my life :)