Friday 4 May 2012

A Cut and a Rant

I had my hair cut today, I decided to bite the bullet and go back to my regular hairdresser. No photos yet because they did a terrible blow dry job so I will have to wash it and dry it again before I post a pic.

After today I have decided to find a new hairdresser. I have had the same hairdresser for 6 years. She is quite well known and travels a lot for fashion week. I gave them one last shot to get things right. My haircut took 2 hours. TWO HOURS!!! Actually, my haircut took 5 minutes, all the bullsh*t surrounding the haircut is what took so long. Mainly just waiting and waiting for someone to actually do something. For the first time I felt like I was unimportant because it was just a cut.

Does anyone else not like the scalp massages? I used to get my scalp bleached and was always horrified when I was then given a head massage. I sure love being super dizzy with a burning scalp and then have you pour hot water on AND rub your fingers into my tender scalp!!! Today there was no scalp bleaching but I had the weirdest experience - I'm talking big man fingers all over my cheeks, forehead, eyebrows and eyelids, basically all over my face! I was so paranoid about my make up being so totally smooshed!! It was so strange and I was too embarrassed to say anything.

Needless to say I was almost crying when I walked out - the worst part is that I had to pay for the experience, and a small fortune at that!

8 comments:

  1. Omg I'm so sorry but that massage sounds hilarious!! Wtf is going on to be all over your face? Apprentice? How appalling. I hate paying for bad service.
    Yay that you got the chop though, hope you like it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope not an apprentice, he's a senior stylist! It was so gross :/

      Delete
  2. Why on earth does a hairdresser give you a face massage? so weird... I always hated massages after bleaching, my scalp would be so itchy, dry and sensitive and then someone just makes it worse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's usually an apprentice that does it so they don't seem to know any better, but this time it wasn't and it really freaked me out!

      Delete
  3. On no! The massage sounds awful. I can't stand them either.

    2 hours just for a trim?! I'd be changing hair dressers too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2 hours is ridiculous when I'm spending most of the time reading a magazine, sitting by myself!

      Delete
  4. 2 hours is a joke! Sounds like they've gotten a bit too self important if they think it's acceptable to keep their clients waiting that long. I usually hate the head massages because the people giving them have no clue what they're doing. It's very rare I find someone who is any good. That guy with his greasy fingers all over your face sounds disgusting! I'd be furious if my makeup was wrecked like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It still creeps me out just thinking about it, definitely not going back! But it's such a process trying to find a good hairdresser :(

      Delete

thank you for taking the time to comment on my life :)