Thursday 16 August 2012

12WBT - Round 3

Well so much for being back to regular blogging! I'm finding it very tricky to get 5 minutes to myself with a baby and a toddler, will try to post as often as possible though when I get time!

Thank you all so so much for all the congratulations! Bub is almost 8 weeks old already, smiling and cooing and just being adorable like all babies are! Night times have been very hard, he is really unsettled and we seem to think it is reflux but haven't asked the doctor about it yet, he has all the symptoms so we are doing everything we can to keep his little tummy from upsetting him too much.

Almost everyone I have spoken to is adamant that breastfeeding will really help to drop the baby weight, but I'm 8 weeks in and still 15 kilos over my start weight!! I haven't shifted any since I came home from hospital. So now I'm actively doing something about it. I've joined the 12 Week Body Transformation! I never thought I would join anything like this because I have always been pretty good with cooking healthy meals but I really like the idea of the meal planning and shopping lists being done for you as it saves a lot of time! I also want to get back into running and am about to join the gym again. I was planning on joining yesterday but I woke up with Mastitis! If you don't know what that is then I won't bore you with the details and if you do then you will sympathise with me! But I need a little guidance with weights to get stronger and it is certainly much cheaper than a personal trainer! I am very excited to start! Anyone else doing it this round? Or have results to share? My goal is to drop the 15kg but more importantly get stronger and fitter for chasing my boys around!

I've had to buy a few new things to wear as I still don't fit into any of my clothes. It's my way of trying to make myself feel confident with the extra weight on, I think if I make an effort to look nice instead of hiding out then it will boost my confidence. Will have to try and remember to take photos of my purchases after my hiatus, these all text posts are boring!!

7 comments:

  1. Ooooh no experience with 12WBT or PT.
    But congrats - sorry i missed it earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, I hope things improve with bubs, night time and mastitis soon!

    I hope you don't feel too pressured about not dropping all the weight yet. You've got plenty of other things to focus on, and I'm sure it'll happen even if it does take a while.

    Well done on trying the 12WBT though! I wish I had the motivation to do it, and I don't even have young kids to look after! Look forward to seeing your results! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think for me it's more about being healthy for my kids. I really enjoy exercising but I always feel like I need a goal, dropping the weight will be great but I really want to be able to run 10km so that's what I'm aiming for. Hoping to do the City to Surf next year so I have a whole year to achieve it!

      Delete
  3. Ӏ ωаs сuriouѕ іf you eѵer
    considered changing the layout of yοur sіte?
    Its νегy well wгitten; I lоѵe what уouve gοt tο saу.

    But mауbе уou cоuld a lіttlе
    more in the wаy of content so peοple could connect with it betteг.

    Youvе got an aωful lot of text foг onlу haѵіng one or two pісtures.
    Мaybе you coulԁ space it οut bеtter?
    My homepage : Pregnant Clothing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay tuned for more photos and I'm hoping to blog about a bigger variety of things too :)

      Delete
  4. I am full of admiration for you, I find it hard to update my blog and i have no kids!

    How does the 12WBT work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow thank you!

      I haven't started the 12WBT yet but I think the general idea is that you are given a 1200 calorie meal plan for the week including recipes and a shopping list and also an exercise plan to take to the gym or to do at home.

      Delete

thank you for taking the time to comment on my life :)