Wednesday 20 June 2012

Last Minute Baby Purchases

We haven't had to buy very much for the new arrival because we still have everything from the first time around and having another boy also makes things a lot easier and cheaper. Oh boy would we be in trouble if we were having a girl haha

A few last minute purchases:


Love To Swaddle Up (image via www.mothercare.com.au)


We used these for our first baby and they are so great! Makes midnight changes much quicker and bubs sleeps a lot better due to not being able to wriggle out of it! Had to buy a couple of new ones though as the old ones are pretty grubby, even after soaking.

Prince Lionheart Change Table Diaper Caddy (image via www.okme.com.au)


I've been looking for this for ages. Finally managed to order one last night. Just makes change time easier as everything is right there so you don't have to go rummaging around the shelves of the change table for wipes, nappies etc. Would like to have gotten the wipes warmer too but I think it's a bit gimmicky.

Living Textiles 'Ollie' Blanket (image via www.babyzonedirect.com.au)


I ordered a handmade blanket from Etsy for the munchkin and I absolutely love it but the seller doesn't make them anymore dammit and I wanted something a bit special for the new baby. I've searched high and low for a nice blanket and while this isn't particularly 'special' it's quite cute and a good size.

Still looking for a portable change mat to shove in the baby bag and I like the Skip Hop ones but I think $60 is a bit much to spend on something like that and I can't seem to find much else in the shops. Might just end up using a towel or something for a while.

We are really struggling to think of a boys name! We had a name chosen but a close friend just used it! We hadn't spoken about it so it was a total coincidence! We'd like something classic but they seem to be very popular at the moment and we can't seem to think of anything that hasn't been used by someone we know already. Any suggestions are welcome!

12 comments:

  1. I made my own portable change mat... there's two of them floating about somewhere if you are interested. But I saw the ones in Bigw or something, it had pockets for nappy and plastic lining and you fold it up compactly. The swaddle made me laugh. I think it was this one and the woombie (i can't remember) that the mothers in my DIG (due in group) loved. I just did normal flannelette wraps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very creative of you! I never thought to make it myself :)

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh that cute wriggly swaddle thing is adorable. (Can you tell I dont have kids, I have no idea about the terminology)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Ramastar your back to blogging! I thought you were away from your blog for so long you might of had a new baby post coming up - but your still cooking. I couldn't decide on a travel change mat, so I just got the disposable change mats from woolies. And they have been great, I hardly change bub when we are out so I don't go through that many of them for the cost to be that much - and the best things is if you get poo/wee on them you don't have to cart them home and wash them - you just throw them away :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried the disposable ones last time but I would run out and forget to buy more :/

      Delete
  4. I love that swaddly thing too, i would rather like to buy one for my cat but i don't think she would be too impressed x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to put my cat in my back pack lol she hated it

      Delete
  5. I was waiting for the birth announcement too. :p You must be getting sooooo close now.

    I really like the look of that caddy as well, such a shame I didn't think of that when the Chubster was born.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The caddy doesn't fit my change table grrrr very annoying, I had to attach it with string!

      Delete
  6. Baby baby baby yet? :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes yes! Have finally just done a blog post!

      Delete

thank you for taking the time to comment on my life :)